May , 21
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
At KWA, we’re just as passionate about our people as we are about the work that they do. We’re searching for an experienced Senior Estimator who is both skilled in what they do and eager to grow their impact within the industry.
The Senior Estimator serves as a pre-construction champion of assigned projects. As the champion, a Senior Estimator is responsible for providing primary leadership with regards to procurement and preconstruction activities.
A sample of the responsibilities for this position include:
- Maintain positive and courteous relationship with partners, government representatives, and other similar group representatives that position has contact with.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with owners, architects, consultants, operations staff, support staff, etc.
- Foster strong relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Visit project sites to understand site conditions.
- Develop quantity takeoffs
- Create estimates (including material, labor, and equipment costs). The Senior Estimator must be capable of developing complete estimates at all document levels (concept, schematic, design development, and final).
- Procure cost proposals from relevant subcontractors/vendors.
- Senior Estimator is responsible to be the knowledge point person for their assigned projects. In other words, the Senior Estimator is responsible for full and complete knowledge of their assigned project’s scopes, specifications, and contracting requirements.
- Coordinate with owners, architects, and consultants to clarify confusing or misleading information so that cost estimates are accurate.
- Develop and complete accurate tab sheets.
- Develop well-worded and complete qualifications/assumptions.
- Develop exhaustive value engineering concepts.
- Assist operation staff to maintain compliance with contract, scope, and budget requirements
Qualifications & Experience:
- A four-year degree, plus extensive experience/knowledge of construction, design, accounting, and management required.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience in the construction industry, multi-family preferred.
- Five to ten years of estimating, cost analysis and control, and/or engineering experience with similar construction.
- Proficiency with On-Screen Takeoff, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office products, and general knowledge of Sage 100 and SmartBid is preferred