To apply for this job, please email your resume along with a short introduction to email@example.com
We’re searching for an Construction Controller who will report directly to our President and ultimately provide oversight for all accounting responsibilities. This position is a key role for the organization.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, accurate and timely general ledger and technical accounting, management of billing, collections, accounts payable, payroll, all review and tax matters, all company level budgeting and forecasting, implementation and development of a scalable systems and internal controls and other administrative functions.
A sample of the responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead in the accuracy and timeliness of all financial reporting including internal management reporting, external reporting to the Company Partners, and external reporting for covenants and other business partners as required
- Lead monthly financial close and reporting process
- Research technical accounting matters and prepare recommendations with respect to implementation of new or newly applicable accounting guidance
- Have strong construction background, versed from prior experiences in understanding cost, standards or rates, and evaluated opportunities to leverage profitability
- Lead the Company’s annual financial audit as well as other audits as required
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual review and filings for tax compliance matters are completed on a timely and accurate basis
- Work with President/other business partners regarding business system implementation/upgrade, including vision for cost center structures and chart of accounts
- Responsible for establishing, executing, monitoring, and enforcing appropriate internal controls and policies and procedures
- Assist President with the annual budget preparation, monthly forecasting, analyzes financial results to determine recommended cash flow and operational and sales actions to meet goals
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal industry (or related) networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
Minimum 10 years relevant construction industry experience and leadership is required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; CPA/MBA credential is preferred. Must have a strong background in technical accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting, cost accounting, and financial management, as well as a diverse experience with financial systems.
Computer proficiency is required, knowledge of Microsoft 365, Microsoft Excel, and/or Procore is a plus.
Seeking individuals who are highly motivated, energetic, self-directed, with good analytical and problem- solving skills including root cause and risk analysis methodologies.